Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Higher Ground...

After doing well over 11,000 radio shows and hundreds of speaking events from Trindad to Toronto, Atlanta to Aspen and Chicago to Cucuamonga..it appears I am entering officially the vast and unexplored territory of blogging. I guess my friends and others got tired of me calling them when the latest celeb fell off the wagon-or got run over by it or some politician's nocturnal wanderings make headlines or some so-called "natural disaster" wipes out part of the human population-and chewing off their ears on how I see these events. "There must be an outlet" I scream.."they took away my microphone" I whine..."someone must take a look at this stuff differently and start going in the out door..up the down staircase and..and...and...by then they have usually put me on hold with really bad Tiki band renditions of Barry Manilow music or at least hit the mute button so I cannot hear them holding other conversations that pertain to their lives. Either way-here I am. Why "Higher Ground"-that's simple-its the only place left to climb when the absurdity of life, the calamity of culture and the hypocrisy of humanity has me pulling out what follicles I have left. I am convinced beyond a shadow of your doubt that all these events in our lives are begging us...pulling us...imploring us to evolve instead of re-volve..go within so we don't have to go without and stop pointing our fingers at each other and take a good hard look at ourselves first. I want us to win...you and me..our lives to "work" better than they do and move forward instead of repeating the same things over and over again and expecting a different result. I do not profess to be a know it all...a guru or sage..I am just a guy from the streets of Chicago that has lived...a somewhat strange existence and created opportunities to transcend from who I used to be..to whatever life form it is that I am becoming. When the news of the day heads into the land of "WTF" and you are feeling like a short turd dropped out of a tall cow's ass...its time for an expedition to Higher Ground- together we'll ascend to new heights...new perspective and new..never mind. You get my gist. Hope to see you here...onward...

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about the higher ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely along for the ride! Let's go see the sights. ;)

    ReplyDelete